Saturday 18 December 2010

CHRISTMAS MESSAGE

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don’t and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said that it’d be easy, they just promised it would be worth it."

However you look at it 2010 has been another great year with more successes, more surprises, more brilliant stories, more shared adventures and, like a Puccini opera, a really sad ending!.

Together, over the last ten years we have built something wonderful. The journey from cause for concern to cause for celebration has been a long and at times difficult one but just look at what we’ve achieved together. c rooted in shared values, common behaviours and beliefs and a consistently positive and supportive language and culture.

I know that sometimes the journey has been really hard and I want to thank you for your passion, your persistence, your patience and your hard work, for forgiving the mistakes I have made, understanding the things I have overlooked and coping with the pressure and the problems I have often passed your way.

This is the tenth time I have done Christmas in Leeds and my last as Chief Executive of this extraordinary organisation. So finally, I wish you, and those you love and care about, delight and simplicity, foolishness and fantasy and noise, angels and miracles and wonder, and innocence and magic. Have a great time… be happy, keep healthy, stay safe and think of me on the 4th January as you start the next stage of your journey together from good to outstanding. And always remember that the future is what you make it!

Best wishes for the future
Keep the faith!
Chris

No comments: