Friday 12 November 2010

NEW PRIMARY HEADTEACHER CONFERENCE

I moved on to the New Primary Headteachers Conference at Oulton Hall...

My colleague Elaine Bown who looks after the induction of new primary headteachers had asked me to speak to the group about the vision, the expectations and the support for headteachers in Leeds, especially as we face such uncertainty around school improvement, funding and what comes after Education Leeds. Because I was in London yesterday I was unable to get to the first day of the conference and Dirk Gilleard did the session for Elaine. I did manage to pop in for coffee and talk briefly to these great colleagues about the future.

The induction and support for new headteachers is vitally important and Elaine does a great job. It was wonderful to be able to spend some time with these brilliant colleagues and to emphasise the 'Think Team' approach we are developing across the city and that the best way to predict the future, in uncertain times, is to invent it for yourself!

Chris

No comments: