Friday 22 October 2010

THANK YOU!

As I face my last half-term here in Leeds I wanted to write to thank you for everything you have done over the last half-term, the last year and the last ten years...



We have once achieved so much together and you have made such a difference…

THANK YOU!

We have been part of an extraordinary team and experienced so much together. Over the last ten years we have shared so much and developed a common memory, common insights and a common understanding of what it takes to build brilliant. And while the vision has been great we have also delivered... and how... brilliant learning in brilliant learning places. We all need to continue to recognise and celebrate what we have achieved together; to talk about our successes and tell everyone who will listen about our unique and wonderful story.

Whatever the future holds remember...

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don’t and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said that it’d be easy, they just promised it would be worth it."

People keep telling me how tired I look and to be honest I am really tired so I am going to take a short break now before I start the last chapter of my Leeds story; the last seven weeks of an incredible 500 weeks here in this great city serving its children and young poeple, their families and communities. Again thank you…it’s been fun… it’s been a tremendous “hands on experience”… and it has certainly been worth it!

Chris

2 comments:

Ali said...

Chris

I hope you are planning to spend time with your family, read a good book, listen to some good music and if possible fit in a trip to the theatre 'cos I know these are some of the things you value. Take care of yourself and we hope you will come to see us before you leave in December. We will send our choir (if you can accommodate them at Merrion) and would love to see you when we move into our new building.

Enjoy the break and tons and tons of luck for the future.

Chris Edwards said...

Thank you Ali, I have been blessed working with talented colleagues like you who always put the children first and always go the extra mile.
Have a great half term. I'll see you before I go.
Chris