Sunday 26 September 2010

I know some of you have noticed that I have lost weight and are concerned about my health. Don't worry, I am getting fit for my next challenge. As part of this programme I also joined a gym and the calorie counter on the machines is simply scary...

It's difficult to believe that:
  • 15 minutes lifting weights equals the 100 calories in one small cappuccino;
  • 75 minutes of stretching equals the 220 calories in a small mars bar;
  • 15 minutes on the stairclimber equals the 129 calories in a can of coke;
  • 30 minutes running on the treadmill at 10kmph equals the 400 calories in one blueberry muffin;
  • 50 minutes on indoor rower equals the 450 calories in a large slice of cheesecake;
  • 19 minutes on elliptical trainer equals the 95 calories in a medium size banana;
  • 30 minutes of aerobics equals the 163 calories in a small pack of raisins;
  • 10 minutes on the exercise bike equals the 55 calories in a low-fat fruit yoghurt.
Scary stuff really but it's true that we are what we eat!
Chris

No comments: