Friday 18 June 2010

And finally, at the end of my 475th week in Leeds, I attended the Official Opening of the Farsley/Calverley Children's Centre by Cllr Andrew Carter...

I had been invited to the official opening by Peter Harris, the headteacher at Farsley Farfield Primary School, and Sue Warwick, the Children's Centre Manager. The new Children's Centre is a wonderful addition to Farsley Farfield Primary School which is a great school with a fantastic team of colleagues doing great things in this little bit of Leeds. The opening provided free fun for all the family including a magical grotto, magic shows, jewellery making, face painting, craft activities and the farm shop.


It's two years since I last visited the school and as I had arrived slightly early I had the opportunity to look around the school with Peter who also showed me the developments at the school's brilliant Farsley Farfield Farm. The school farm has been transformed since my last visit to the school by their job share gardening team who have taken career changes and now are releasing a little bit of green magic with the children, and it is simply brilliant. They now have two poly tunnels, an inclusion garden and other elements that make this a unique feature and a real centre of environmental excellence. Peter talked to me about the work the team have been doing with the building, the grounds, the farm and his ambitious plans for the future.
Chris

No comments: