Sunday 9 May 2010

I received this wonderful e-mail from Doreen Conroy, Whole School Development Officer at Portland Central School in New South Wales, Australia...

"Dear Chris,I have been visiting educational partners in Leeds over the past 17 days as part of my NSW Premier's Study Scholarship. I just wanted to let you know how wonderful the experience has been for me. Your schools and Education Leeds have been extremely generous in giving their time and sharing their practice. Everywhere I went I was greeted warmly and I have learnt so much. I know one should not just select from over the fifty people I have met but I must share with you my absolute delight with Carr Manor High School. Simon Flowers and his staff are offering outstanding education for young people, Lori Beckett's (Leed Met Uni) work with schools as an academic partner developing teachers as researchers is such good practice and finally Catherine Gaddes and the 14-19 team at Education Leeds are ensuring that next practice will improve outcomes for young people. In all the schools I visited the tone was excellent and young people were engaged in learning and prepared to have a chat in such a polite manner. Many thanks and congratulations on the quality of education in Leeds. Cheers Doreen."

As always, it is great to have independent judgements on the work we are doing here in Leeds and deeply encouraging to read these very positive comments from Doreen.
Chris

No comments: