Saturday 13 March 2010

I was delighted to recieve this e-mail from Yvonne Sinclair, Northern Regional Operations Manager for 'Volunteer Reading Help'...

"Dear Chris, I just wanted to drop you a quick line to thank you personally for your ongoing support for Volunteer Reading Help and for the funding you secured for us for 2009/2010. I have had regular meetings with Anne Fells, Sally Hughes and Alison Yorke, who I must say have been and continue to be fantastic and very supportive to our cause. At our meeting last week we agreed that I will produce a summary of the support that we have been able to provide with the funding this will be available after I have collated the data which I should be able to access at the end of March, which I will of course copy you, Dorothy Smith and Chris Pollard in on. I acknowledge that in our last meeting that you quite clearly advised me that you may not be able to provide funding for 2010/2011 but if you feel that there are any underspends or funding blocks that we may be able to apply for we would really appreciate your guidance. Thank you again on behalf of Volunteer Reading Help and the West Yorkshire branch for all your valuable support we really do appreciate it. Kind regards, Yvonne."

'Volunteer Reading Help' has done a great job here in Leeds and is one of those organisations that will help us shape and manage the very different future we are facing in the public sector. We need to constantly challenge ourselves about who does what and how we can secure best value for money with everything we are doing.

Chris

No comments: