Monday 15 March 2010

I visited Parklands Primary School this lunchtime...

I had been asked to visit by my colleague Cath Hindmarch, the headteacher, and Anne Gandy, who leads on attendance for the school. Cath had told me last week that she had take my advice and worn sensible shoes and eaten far too much chocolate, but that one really BIG thing was worrying her and she and Anne wanted to talk to me about it.

It was great to visit Parklands Primary School where Cath and the team are releasing a very special magic and achieving remarkable outcomes often against a complicated context of poverty, deprivation and health issues. The problems facing Cath and Anne, as always, are about how we can 'Think Family' and understand that children don't exist in isolation but often in complex families who need joined up coherent and systematic support.
Chris

No comments: