Wednesday 10 March 2010

I attended the Council's Executive Board this afternoon...

The Executive Board have approved the recommendation to terminate the Education Leeds' contract on 31 March 2011, and to create an integrated children's services directorate building on the best of what we have achieved together over the last nine years. I know that this decision brings a period of enormous change and that many colleagues will be uncertain about what the future might hold. As I said in the meetings last week, I am here to listen, to help and to support all of my colleagues. A series of meetings for colleagues, headteachers and governors are being arranged where we can answer your questions and discuss your concerns. As soon as the dates and venues are confirmed, we'll let you know.

Eleanor Brazil, our new Director of Children's Services, and I will be working with colleagues, partners, stakeholders, headteachers and governors to develop transitional plans alongside a communications strategy so that everyone is kept fully informed, involved and engaged as we develop the new arrangements together.
As ever, keep the faith!
Chris

No comments: