Tuesday 5 January 2010

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going"...

As I woke up this morning I heard that phrase again... "if your journey is not essential the advice is to stay indoors"... I suppose it simply reminds us that we are an essential service for so many children and young people and their parents and carers.
Once again this morning the weather has challenged everyone of us as we struggled in through blizzard conditions along icy and treacherous roads to serve the children and young people of Leeds. The important thing is to ensure that everyone is safe and I know headteachers will once again have made that difficult assessment this morning about whether to stay open. I am grateful to everyone for their efforts today to keep providing a service to children and families wherever possible. It has been a difficult day for everyone but the vast majority of our schools managed to stay open and enjoy the snow.

I know that for some colleagues this simply hasn't been possible and the rest of the week looks cold and snowy so it isn't going to get any better for a while. I suppose we should be reassured that the weather people are saying that this only happens once in thirty years... but didn't we have somthing very similar last year?
Chris

No comments: