Saturday 6 June 2009

I was delighted to receive this bit of praise and support from Alison Ings, Chair of Governors at the NW SILC...


"Patience and perseverance have a magical affect
before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish."

"Dear Chris, I feel compelled to write to inform you of the amazing progress, outside of school, of the students from Temple Moor High School. I live on Pinfold Lane, opposite Temple Moor High School. Eighteen months ago it was, as a resident, almost unbearable at the start and end of the school day. Students swearing, fighting in the road, smoking and making rude comments of my children going on the school bus to Penny Field School. What a turn around! Students dressed to attend school, instead of St Trinians! Much less, if no, smoking due to staff presence outside school. No comments made at special school buses and no abuse to me as a resident when trying to exit my driveway! On the contrary, students actually give me right of way!! Certainly no fighting in the road, or indeed my driveway! I was recently made aware, by a student from Temple Moor, that there is a 'new Headteacher'. Well Done to him and the staff! I am proud to live next door to Temple Moor High School! Praise where praise is due ........ a marvellous job done by Head, Staff and Pupils of Temple Moor. Regards, Alison."

It is great to receive feedback like this, especially when so often we are only told when things go wrong. Martin Fleetwood and his team deserve a special thank you especially as they are also managing a hugely complex building project and securing improving outcomes for the young people at Temple Moor High School.
Chris

No comments: