Wednesday 10 June 2009

I started the day early at Tranmere Park Primary School …

"We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We are all meant to shine, as children do."

I talked to Kirsten Finley, the headteacher and I was given the guided tour by four of Kirsten’s little stars … Abby, Stan, Eshe and Daniel who were amazing ambassadors and advocates for everything the team are doing at Tranmere Park. I also met Shelley Allinson, who runs the Gardening Club, and Tom, Isabella, Katharine and Isobel, four more little stars, showed me what they have achieved so far to transform the school's grounds and gardens.

It is an outstanding learning place where Kirsten and her talented colleagues are releasing energy and magic with some fantastic young people. It’s easy in the busy and often hectic lives we lead to forget what is really important, but two hours with Kirsten and the team is all I need to remember why I do this.

Simply brilliant!
Chris

No comments: