Tuesday 9 June 2009

Another week full of meetings, inspections, visits and critical feedback helping us continue to improve and develop everything we do...

I attended the Chamber of Commerce and Education Leeds event on Apprenticeships as part of Leeds Business Week at the Rosebowl at Leeds Metropolitan University. I visited Little London Primary School for breakfast and to talk to the children at their 'World of Work' assembly. Dirk Gilleard and I had breakfast with a great group of headteacher colleagues at the Otley Chevin Hotel. I met Angela Ronicle the new headteacher at Kerr Mackie Primary School and I also met Melanie Poulson to talk about her Magical Gardens. I visited Iveson Primary School for the best school breakfast ever and to talk to their visitors from Spain and Germany. I attended the official opening of the National Lottery 'People's Millions' funded sensory suite at the NW SILC's Penny Field site. I visited the new Swallow Hill Community College building with John Battle MP as part of the celebrations for our Green Fortnight and World Environment Day. And finally I spoke at the One Children's Workforce Conference at the Royal Armouries about the opportunities we face as we develop our 21st Century Schools.

Actually, my day continued because I went on to the Grand Theatre to see the Rambert Dance Company's Eternal Light Tour 2009. It was a stunning performance by a visually wonderful and incredibly talented dance ensemble supported by the fantastic Leeds University Liturgical Choir who performed the beautiful Howard Goodall 'Requiem'. It's weeks like this and performances like 'Eternal Light' that convince me that the keys to our success; to building brilliant, to achieving world-class outcomes, to releasing the magic, lie in continuing to build a culture based on passionate engagement, enthusiasm, determination, discipline, persistance, patience and hard work. A culture that trusts, energises and empowers everyone who shares our mission, our belief and our relentless focus on serving the children, young people and families and communities here in Leeds; whatever it takes!

Keep the faith
Chris

No comments: