Wednesday 22 April 2009

I visited Ebor Gardens Primary School this morning with Rosemary Archer...

We were there to see Susannah Todd, Deputy Director for Children's Centres and Extended Services at the DCSF who was visiting Leeds to look at some of the brilliant work we are doing. Susannah visited Ebor Gardens Primary School where Kathryn Depledge and her colleagues are doing outstanding things and achieving brilliant outcomes. She also visited Brigshaw High School where Cath Lennon and her team are releasing the magic.

It was great to be able to share some of the best of Leeds with Susannah. Our challenge is how we ensure that we connect all the brilliant initiatives consistently in every locality to secure better outcomes for all our young people.
Chris

1 comment:

Oaf said...

Now then Chris.

I, the Oaf, rise from the ashes.

I feel compelled to comment on the MIS support fiasco.
We were told to bid from 3 companies. RM priced themselves out of the market and now Capita complete the hokey-cokey with being in then out (but not doing any shaking as far as I can see).
This should have been sorted some time ago.

On a brighter note, I have come to school wearing a new black shirt (a la Chris) and been told I look very fetching.
I have ignored another member of staff who muttered something about Oswald Mosely.

Just so you know.

The Oaf