Thursday 18 September 2008

I often ask myself what are the characteristics of an outstsanding primary school...

Well, I visited one today. I went to St Luke's CE Primary School in Beeston where Eric Whitehouse and his talented team are doing something very special. I think the things that make the school so good are...
  • focused and passionate leadership;
  • a hand picked and highly developed team;
  • talented, energetic, enthusiastic and creative individuals;
  • a clear, shared vision driving all aspects of the school;
  • a rich curriculum offer built on the basics;
  • a stimulating and interesting learning environment;
  • inspiring teaching and learning within a nurturing climate;
  • tracking of childrens progress and achievements;
  • early, appropriate and focused interventions.

This is a great school, releasing a very special kind of magic.

Congratulations to Eric and the team!

Chris

No comments: