Sunday 4 May 2008

My colleague Mike Haworth contacted me about the blog entry after we talked at Blenheim...

Mike reminded me that the remarkable behavioural provision here in Leeds is down to the hard work and dedication of colleagues working at the sharp end. The hard work, passion and commitment of colleagues in the SILCs has helped us focus and deliver at the hardest end of our provision.

I know that there is still a lot to do but it is brilliant to see the progress we have made and it's impact on these young people.
Chris

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris,
This really reads like an exciting project. Glad to see that you are back blogging. As I wrote to you by email- we had a fantastic trip to Leeds and the whole of the group from Stockholm was so impressed by what they saw. I can truly say that two places of real note hit me very hard when in your city- the commitment and progress which were apparent. I was so impressed by West Oaks SILC and the absolutely wondeful atmosphere we saw amongst staff, pupils and the Head teacher. Also of real note was the visit to South Leeds High and the remarkable improvements through difficult times that Colin Bell has led. Our colleagues from Stockholm came away with some wonderful impressions. I hope to hear from you soon Chris.
Best regards
John Ellard, ICG Sweden