Thursday 22 May 2008

My colleague Anne Lomas who heads up the Visually Impaired Team sent me this bit of good news...

"Chris, I know that you have always been an enthusiastic supporter of my great team, so I wanted you to know about our great achievement today. The Regional Heads of Vi Services in our region have developed a VI Quality mark (similar to Chartermark), which was endorsed at Leeds University by the Regional Partnership in March.

Today, the Leeds VI team were the first team in the region,and the country, to be validated, and awarded this new Quality Mark. We have successfully met, and in many cases exceeded, a range of DCSF standards, for support and outreach services. For me, the most exciting and rewarding aspect was that the visiting team recognised the huge impact that is made by cross-service working of the staff, and "teamness". We look forward to receiving the full report, which I will be delighted to share with you. With best wishes. Anne"

The VI Team here in Leeds is one of the real jewels amongst some truly outstanding services we offer to parents and carers and children in Leeds. It is wonderful to see their work recognised in this way. Congratulations to Anne and everyone in the team.
Chris

No comments: