Wednesday 9 January 2008

People constantly ask me 'You can't be a positive and optimistic person all of the time. How do you do it?'...

Each morning I say to myself, 'Well Chris, you have two choices today. You can choose to see things positively and be an optimist or you can choose to see things negatively and be a pessimist.' Since I discovered Investment in Excellence every day I choose to be positive. Each time something goes wrong or mistakes happen, I can choose to live under a black cloud or I can choose to learn from it. I use affirmations and visualisations and I choose to learn from everything that happens to me.


Every time someone comes to me moaning and complaining about what isn't working, what is going wrong and what has happened to them, I can choose to accept their negativity and go under with more and more problems landing on my desk or alternatively I can point out that when you are working at the cutting edge things go wrong, things get screwed up and that we need to look at the learning striving for excellence provides and the opportunities we have to improve what we do and provide better services for schools and the Council. I choose to be positive, to be optimistic and to be a learner!

I know what you are thinking... it's not that easy... but it is. Life is all about choices. When you cut away all the rubbish and clutter, everything is a choice. You choose how you react to situations. You choose how people affect your mood. You choose to be in a good mood or bad mood. You choose the attitudes you take into each new day. It's your choice how you live your life.

I choose to be positive!

Chris

No comments: