Wednesday 5 December 2007

My colleague Paul Kaiserman sent me this e-mail about the CHristmas Concert at the Town Hall last night...

"Hi Chris, I know you couldn't make it last night, but we did miss you (no pressure there, then!). It was absolutely fantastic - a standing ovation from a packed hall. The programme was really varied, including songs and carols to mark the end of the anniversary of the abolition of slavery. We had about 350 primary children in the choir and they sang like I've never heard before, mainly due to the inspirational leadership of Dougie Scarfe the conductor. He has a unique ability to draw out the best in everyone - a leader committed to bringing out the voice of others without any sense of self-promotion. We're very lucky to have him (he's also the chorus and orchestra director at Opera North). One mark of the quality was that not one child went to the toilet throughout the whole performance - another first! Also the collection at the end for the Jane Tomlinson appeal raised the record amount of nearly £1,500.
Hope you'll be able to make it next year....Regards Paul"


My colleagues in Artforms do it every year. They manage to release a very special kind of magic from our brilliant young people. I am sorry that I missed it this year.
Chris

No comments: