Thursday 18 October 2007

I moved on to Colton Primary School for my annual session with a small group of concerned parents...

Colton finds itself between two very good and oversubscribed secondary schools and parents worry each year about whether they will get into one of their local schools. My colleague Viv Buckland and I talked to the parents about the situation this year and agreed to meet them again later in the year.

Afterwards, Andy Syers, one of the two headteachers at the school showed me around the school and talked to me about the real benefits of the job share as well as some of their strengths and successes. The school has a wonderfully calm, positive and purposeful atmosphere and delivers ouitstanding care alongside high standards. They have introduced the SEAL materials and a brilliant 'Learning Log' which is supporting a very creative and personalised approach. The teaching of French has also enriched the curriculum offer.

This is a great little school doing some brilliant things with some wonderful children.
Chris

No comments: