Tuesday 10 July 2007

I was invited at short notice to drop in to Victoria Primary School...

I managed to drop in at lunchtime and I am so glad I did because this is a wonderful school doing brilliant work in so many areas. Tessa Mason had invited me to look at the work which resulted from a visit the the Leeds Art Gallery and I also managed to fit in a look at their new ICT portal which is truly amazing!

The school had organised the hall to become their own art gallery and the work I saw was outstanding... the children had produced photographs, written poetry, focused on their special people, made picture frames, produced keepsake boxes and decorated tents... and it had pulled in the crowds from the community to look at the work.

The new ICT portal is opening a new world for the learning team and the children. Again it is inspiring to see what they are doing and how it is engaging young people and colleagues. You can visit their website at www.victoria-pri.leeds.sch.uk.
Chris

No comments: