Monday 28 May 2007

I have been reading again. It’s fantastic…

During term time I hardly find a moment to breathe let alone read but over the holidays I love to read and escape from the constant noise, the chaos and the clutter. I’ve read a couple of books so far… ‘Crazy as Chocolate’ by Elisabeth Hyde and ‘Engleby’ by Sebastian Faulks.

Elisabeth Hyde also wrote ‘The Abortionist’s Daughter’. ‘Crazy as Chocolate’ is a book about the relationship between a mother and her two daughters; about their wild childhood, the mother’s suicide and, in spite of everything, the love the girls have for their mother.

‘Engleby’ is a brilliant book and I couldn’t put it down. It tells the story of Mike Engleby who survives a private school and goes to Cambridge University where Jennifer Arkland, a fellow student, disappears. We follow Engleby’s career and his observations reveal a mystery of gripping and disturbing power.

Let me know if you have read anything good recently.
Chris

No comments: