Wednesday 9 May 2007

I had a letter today from John Gibson one of our supply teachers...

John has been writing to me every term, since I started in Leeds six years ago, to tell me his top ten primary schools. The places he has worked as a supply teacher where he has seen brilliant headteachers, fantastic colleagues and great children.

What I like about John and his letters is that they give me an interesting and very different perspective... the schools not on their best behaviour because the Chief Executive o Education Leeds is coming but as seen from inside the staffroom and the classroom and I haven't known him to be wrong when I check it out with my colleagues.

This time the top ten are as follows:
  • Fountain Primary School;
  • Meadowfield Primary School;
  • Swinnow Primary School;
  • Scholes Primary School;
  • Victoria Primary School;
  • Holly Bush Primary School;
  • Chapel Allerton Primary School;
  • Bracken Edge Primary School;
  • Christchurch CE Primary School;
  • Miles Hill Primary School.

It's a great list and as I said in my letter back to John, it is brilliant to know what fantastic places our primary schools are and what a wonderful job colleagues in these schools are doing to ensure that our children are happy, healthy, safe and increasingly successful.

Chris

No comments: