Sunday 4 February 2007

After a busy week there is no better way to unwind and clear the mind than building something...

I spent a significant part of the weekend building a new triple wardrobe and a new king-size bed. Amazingly, things went really well and I now have the satisfaction of looking at the things that Chris built... and it's strange, the real sense of satisfaction I get from doing things like this be it decorating, gardening, cleaning or making things... to be totally honest the satisfaction always comes at the end and very rarely while I am doing these things.

The downside of course, and there always is one, is that I don't think my hands will never be the same again and I have damaged my back with all the lifting and twisting. Still it proves what they always say you can't have great things without a lot of hard work, blood, sweat and tears.
Chris

No comments: