Thursday 11 January 2007

It has been an incredible day today...

I started at Priesthorpe School where I attended the Year 10 assembly and presented the Inclusion Chartermark to members of the School Council and the school colleagues who had managed the application and accreditation process.

I went on to the Burley Park Pupil Referral Unit which caters for about forty of our most challenging young people in Key Stage 3. Simon Bean, the Head of Centre, and his colleagues have achieved something really special which has been recognised by OfSTED who recently acknowledged the 'outstanding progress' being made under Simon's 'excellent leadership'.

I finished my day at Benton Park School where I had been invited to officially open their brilliant new Student Support Centre. The Centre strengthens the work the school has been doing on inclusion and links with a huge number of partner agencies working to ensure that 'Every Child Matters'.

Our work on inclusion is outstanding and these three schools seem to capture what is really special about Leeds... brilliant colleagues working with some great young people and making a fantastic difference.
Chris

No comments: